Dragon STEAM Camp
- Ages 6-9
- July 24-29 2023
- 9-11:30 am at the Community Classroom
- Cost: $250/camper (includes materials)
Dragons! STEAM skills! Crafting!
Anchored in literacy, this week will be spent helping students develop skills in five specific areas: observation, innovation, planning + revision, collaboration, and presentation. Students will explore how to create a chomping dragon with levers, how to help a dragon learn to fly with simple physics, crafting a dragon that actually breathes “smoke,” and tame a dragon with static electricity. This camp is the perfect blend of crafting, social skills, and science-ing. The camp will culminate in a celebratory viewing party of “How to Train Your Dragon,” complete with tacos (which dragons love). So quit “dragon” your feet and register: This camp is too hot to pass up.
*No previous experience with dragons is needed.
- 9-9:15 Read aloud and opening activity (game/movement)
- 9:15-10:15 Group STEAM activity
- 10:15-10:30 Clean up
- 10:30-10:45 Snacks and movement break
- 10:45-11:15 STEAM Exploration (campers choose an activity or game based on their passions and preferences)
- 11:15-11:30 Visual journaling