Edible STEAM Summer Program
- Ages 9-12
- July 24-29
- 1-4 pm at The Community Classroom
All we can say about this summer program is yum, yum! This week will be spent helping students develop skills in five specific areas: observation, innovation, planning + revision, collaboration, and presentation. This camp is the perfect blend of cooking, crafting, social skills, and science-ing. Projects for the week may include extracting DNA from strawberries, exploring the chemistry of cookies, making edible slime, and discovering what makes drinks fizzy. Students will add each day’s recipe to a cookbook that they craft. They will end the week by showcasing their science and cooking skills in our own version of Great American STEAM Baking/Cooking Show (and celebrate by eating their projects). Registration will be really cooking, so don’t hesitate. This fun + educational experience is HOT!
*Students do not need to love STEAM or cooking to join this camp. They just need to be curious!
- 1-1:15 Opening activity (read aloud + game/movement)
- 1:15-2:15 Group STEAM activity
- 2:15-2:30 Clean up
- 2:30-2:45 Snacks and movement break
- 2:45-3:45 STEAM Exploration (campers choose an activity or game based on their passions and preferences)
- 3:45-4 Journaling and Reflection